[Election-Methods] Fwd: [LWVTopics] IRV Voting

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Sun May 11 22:15:29 PDT 2008

On May 11, 2008, at 10:00 PM, Kathy Dopp wrote:

> However, I had not even thought of the need to
> count all state-level races at the State-level, rather than the county
> level, or about some of the other issues you mentioned.

I don't see that as a significant problem these days. There has to be
a roll-up *somewhere*, and it's probably easier for the counties to
send the ballots, via some electronic method, to a central counting
facility where they're counted once, rathr than do a bunch of local
counts and send those results.