[Election-Methods] Fwd: [LWVTopics] IRV Voting

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sun May 11 22:00:28 PDT 2008

Thank you very much Warren, Juho, Raphfrk, and Ab dul.

I forwarded two of your responses and Joyce McCloy's response re. NC
to the LWV list to correct some of the misinformation.

The thing that made me oppose IRV was when I tried out some scenarios
in a spreadsheet and found out that IRV can put the candidate "Least"
favored by voters (favored by the smallest number of voters overall)
into office and so I believe can help the least favored of the two
major political parties gain control of our government, despite the
wishes of voters.  However, I had not even thought of the need to
count all state-level races at the State-level, rather than the county
level, or about some of the other issues you mentioned.

Thanks for such informative responses.

Cheers,

Kathy