[Election-Methods] Comparing multi-winner methods

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun May 4 08:12:30 PDT 2008

Hi Stéphane,

--- Stéphane Rouillon <stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca> a écrit :
> Hello Kevin,
>
> these ratios are guesses I have for real elections.
> But I am fed up with guesses so the goal is to build an objective method
> able to
> determine for a perticular set (method, ballots expressing sincere
> preferences, outcome)
> of one electoral data, the most satisfying method in the eye of all
> voters.

But if you assume sincerity, won't you end up finding "average rating" to
be the best method? Or are you mainly concerned with PR here?

If the latter, it seems interesting to me to ask whether "the most
satisfying method in the eye of all voters" might actually be incompatible
with proportionality?

Kevin Venzke