[Election-Methods] About Greg's problem with list replies.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Fri Jun 13 19:23:22 PDT 2008

At 11:04 PM 6/12/2008, Greg wrote:
>Abd, inappropriately started the trend of cc'ing me on these messages.
>So despite the fact that I am signed up for this list on digest mode,
>I am receiving each of these  messages individually. Please return to
>the polite practice of replying only to the list.

This list is set to show message as coming from the author, not the
list. That is, the headers show From: as being from Greg. So if I hit
Reply, my response goes to Greg only, and if I hit Reply All, my
response goes to the list and Greg. I have to specially remove Greg
from my mail. If you look at my responses to Greg's post, they are
not to the list, they are to Greg, and also to the list. In a sense,
I did not cc Greg, I ccd the list. But actually, both Greg and the
list are in my To: header.

He sent me a mail separately about this, and I replied, when I read
the mail, that I'd try to remove him. But this list does that, by
having mail come, not from the list, but from the author.