[EM] Vote (today!) for Score Voting at Change.org

Michael Rouse mrouse1 at mrouse.com
Wed Dec 31 18:31:12 PST 2008

I'm not sure -- Tom Daschle was soliciting horror stories about the
health care system, rather than proposing random polling to find out
areas where it consistently falls short. They should hire a half dozen
of the biggest polling firms, have each do ten thousand people (or
whatever a representative sample would be), and then make their decision
based on actual data rather than a collection of anecdotes.

(To be honest, the *best* way would be to construct another study along
the lines of the Rand Health Insurance Experiment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAND_Health_Insurance_Experiment . Pick the
best version based on whatever reasonable criteria decided on
beforehand, roll it out to the nation, then continue the study with the
national plan as the control group. Tweak the plan periodically to match
the best version, and voila.)