[EM] Advanced Voting Systems

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Dec 29 02:00:47 PST 2008

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
> Thanks. I think, though, that some of the writing on Liquid Democracy
> predates this, and it used recursive delegation. "Continuous recast" simply
> means that you can change your proxy or representative at any time.

I find discussions in personal Web forums, all dated 2003.  Nothing
prior.  Maybe something will turn up later.

>> The idea is definitely compelling.  So we ought to implement it.
>
> Yes. Join the Election Methods Interest Group! You can also register at the
> Beyond Politics wiki...
>
> ... The trick, though, is in getting people to recognize the
> possible power of this.

Thanks, but I think it's better to implement it without delay.  People
can recognize the possibilites on their own time.  If they don't, then
we'll learn why (most likely a fault in our system).

> It is such a simple thing to do, to add a record to a database, that most
> people will think that it *must* be useless or next to useless. But the
> cost is very low!

Have you implemented such a system?  Is it attracting participation?

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521
http://zelea.com/