[EM] Why I think IRV isn't a serious alternative 2

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 25 06:05:53 PST 2008

Kristofer Munsterhjelm  > Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:36 AM
> Do you think my runoff idea could work, or is it too complex?

My personal view is that runoff is not desirable and would be an unnecessary and unwanted expense.  I know runoff voting systems are
used in some other countries, but they are not used at all in the UK.  I am satisfied that there are perfectly adequate "vote once"
systems available for all public elections, both single-office elections and assembly elections.

James