[EM] Favoring a frontrunner

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Thu Dec 4 20:31:54 PST 2008

Favored frontrunner?  Trying to add some thought.

Agreed to "first rate a favorite and the worst".

Then the standard thought is "the voter rates the frontrunners".

This needs careful thought.  It is likely that one of the frontruners will
win.  This voter has two obvious approaches to select from:
      IF this voter has a preference, proceed as Abd and others suggest.
      BUT if this voter sees them as equally desirable or undesirable, it
is proper to treat them as such.

DWK

Per Why I think IRV isn't a serious alternative 1
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:23:12 -0500 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

>                                                    Further, in real
> elections, with real voting strategy, the most common, I assume, the
> voter will first rate a favorite and the worst. That's usually fairly
> easy! (At least among those the candidate recognizes.) Then the voter
> rates the frontrunners.
                  If you want peace, work for justice.