[EM] A new simulation

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Sat Dec 6 04:45:00 PST 2008

Hi Adb ul-Rahman,

still, Asset Voting is majoritarian and therefore not democratic. The
reason why we have been studying methods with chance components (that
is, non-deterministic methods) is that we wanted to find a democratic
method, i.e. one that does not give any subset of the voters (no matter
how many they are) total decision power.

Of course, Asset Voting can easily be modified to achieve this: After
the inter-candidate negotiations, not Plurality but Random Ballot is
used for the final decision.

Yours, Jobst