[Election-Methods] RE : Re: peer-reviewed work that is critical of IRV

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 28 10:16:41 PDT 2007

James,

--- James Gilmour <jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk> a écrit :
> Kevin Venzke  > Sent: 28 September 2007 15:23
> >
> > What are the best articles or books that can be cited here?
> > Voting Matters is not highly respected on Wikipedia.
>
> Kevin, could you please elaborate on your comment about "Voting matters"
> and Wikipedia?
>
> I ran a search for "Voting matters" on Wikipedia and found 11 references.
>  I looked at all the main pages, but did not
> see any comments about the journal.  Perhaps the comments are on the
> Discussion pages?
>
> It must always be remembered that "Voting matters" is exactly what it
> says and nothing more: "For the technical issues
> of STV".
>
> Articles in "Voting matters" are peer-reviewed, by anonymous referees.

References that I would be thinking of would be on article discussion
pages, yes.

I am aware that "Voting matters" has some peer review, but I also have
the impression that it isn't considered very authoritative.

If that were shown to be incorrect, though, then at least James
Green-Armytage's article could be usefully cited on this topic. I don't
think he mentions IRV specifically, but he discusses issues that are
of interest to e.g. Condorcet advocates.

I'm not eager to resort to citing (former) EM list subscribers though.

Kevin Venzke