[Election-Methods] RE : Re: Landau and Schwartz set

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 23 21:15:06 PDT 2007

Rob,

--- Rob LeGrand <honky1998 at yahoo.com> a écrit :
> 4:A>B>C
> 1:B>C>A
> 3:C>A>B
>
> the Landau set is {A, B, C} and the Schwartz set is {A}.

The defeats are A>B, B>C, A=C. What reasoning do you use to find that
B and C are in the Landau set? I gather I don't have a complete
understanding of what Landau refers to, but I'm very surprised if the
definition is such that a Landau winner can fail to be a Schwartz winner.
This makes Landau seem less worthwhile to me, since Schwartz is more
intuitive.

Kevin Venzke