[EM] D2MAC can be much more efficient than RangeVoting (corrected)

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Wed Mar 7 21:42:17 PST 2007

> > > Are you claiming C wins with certainty???
> > Yes, of course. Doesn't that follow from the definition of the method?
> > The set of options approved on both ballots is {A,C} of which C is the
> > most approved member.
>
>That seems really lame.  Such a method would certainly fail to elect A
>even if there was unanimous consent!

With those two ballots being the ones randomly chosen, C wins because A and
C are ok with both voters, and, of those 2 candidates, more people approve
C. That doesn't sound unfair.

Maybe it seems as if A should be the winner, given that drawing result, but
there's where this method differs from Random Ballot. It compromises for a
more Approved winner.

If A had even a little more total approval than C, then A would win.

It sounds great, by my goals too, but of course it seems very unlikely that
the public would accept a random method.

Mike Ossipoff