[EM] Pitching Unity08 on "Preferential Voting"

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Fri Mar 30 21:41:19 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Long time no see -- I was active here a couple years ago[1].  I'm
writing to ask your help encouraging Unity08[2] to implement some
form of ranked-choice voting (aka "Preferential Voting"):

http://www.unity08.com/node/970

rather than the usual first-past-the-post system they're currently
proposing:

http://unitywatch.blogspot.com/2007/03/unity08-rules.html

Because of their use of Internet technology, and the large number of
candidates expected, this seems an ideal forum for promoting more
balanced election methods.

If you are a U.S. citizen, and you agree with me, I'd appreciate your
help.  If you have any suggestions for how to concisely pitch the
idea to them, that would also be welcome.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
-- Dr. Ernie
www.RadicalCentrism.org

[1] http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-
electorama.com/2005-January/014454.html

[2] An American organization seeking to nominate a "unity"
presidential ticket, representing both major parties, using an online
convention: http://campaigns.wikia.com/wiki/Unity_Movement