[EM] Brief final comments on FARCS

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Sat Mar 24 09:12:19 PDT 2007

Basically it’s this:

Everything mentioned in my criteria is an obvious element of the situation.

FARCS’s “intended rankings” (which, even in principle, couldn’t be intended)
have no real-world interpretation.

The use of those fictitious rankings is very cumbersome and awkward,
roundabout and unnecessarily wordy, as shown in my presentation to JoAnn  Q.
Citizen.

There’s nothing wrong with using votes-only criteria for comparing rank
methods, when you know that no nonrank method can pass anyway--when you’re
doing it for your own information rather than to demonstrate a method’s
merits to someone else.. For instance, I myself have made much use of the
votes-only Beatpath Criterion (BC) for that purpose, to test compliance with
the four majority defensive strategy criteria.

Mike Ossipoff