[EM] Announcing OpenSTV 1.1

Jeffrey O'Neill jco8 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 19 19:29:49 PDT 2007

Announcing OpenSTV version 1.1 -- software for computing the single
transferable vote, instant runoff voting, and many other voting
systems.  More details and download links are at
http://stv.sourceforge.net.

This release includes three new methods:
(1) Scottish STV -- Rules that will be used in Scotland for the first
time in 2007.
(2) Green Party of California STV
(3) Approval Voting

We would greatly appreciate assistance in further developing this
software.  We are looking for bug reports, feedback on usability,
Python programmers (or people willing to learn), and web developers
(something like Drupal or Xoops).  Please contact me if you are
willing to help.

best regards,
Jeff O'Neill