[EM] Bias-Free, contd.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 05:57:47 PST 2007

Warren says that "cycle" is not a good name for an interval between two
whole numbers of quotas. He hasn't said why. The function s(q) is a step
function. Looking at it, you might wonder why Warren objects to "cycle".

By making cycles' s/q as close as possible to 1, BF eliminates bias, as
defined by the starting definition that I stated, given a uniform frequency
distribution. The distribution makes a little large-bias. Webster adds some
of its own large-bias. It's obvious that Bias-Free will be less biased than
Webster, the least biased of the traditional methods.

The apportionment test of BF that I referred to was done by Dan Bishop, for
2000 & 1990.

Mike Ossipoff