[EM] RE : Re: Clone proofing Copeland

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 3 06:38:39 PST 2007

Brian,

--- Brian Olson <bql at bolson.org> a écrit :
> If I understand this, it's a Condorcet cycle resolution system based
> purely on who was 1st pick on each ballot. So, count up the virtual
> round robin matrix, and count 1st place votes separately for later if
> needed.
>
> It's incomplete. A Condorcet method can elect someone no one put in
> for first place. It can even have a cycle of people no one voted for
> first place.

It counts first preferences of candidates defeating the potential
winner pairwise. A CW will always have a score of zero under this
method.

However, you are right about there being a little cause for concern:

34 A>E>F
33 B>E>F
33 C>E>F

I believe this is an E-F tie. E's win over F is worthless due to E's
lack of first preferences.

Kevin Venzke