[EM] Warren Bias-Free reply

Michael Ossipoff MikeO2106 at msn.com
Tue Jan 23 03:39:03 PST 2007

It's necessary to send this reply in parts, because of a comuter problem.

Warren says:

Mike Ossipoff in the thus-named post failed to provide any definition or any theorem as usual

I reply:

Members: Note Warren's flame-war-style angry tone. The same tone with which he began his correspondence with me on this subject. Shall we take a vote on what to do about him? If it isn't a simple up/down vote, and has more than 2 alternatives, then I recommend BeatpathWinner. But we could use the already-established Approval method to choose a voting system.

But, to answer his statement, actually I did provide a definition. Two definitions of bias: The universally-accepted one, and a modification of it that was intended to get rid of ambiguity.

Of course I've provided definitions of all four of my methods.

Theorem? I told why, by that popular definition of bias, my methods are unbiased.. (Cycle Webster and Adjusted-Rounding are unconditionally unbiased. Bias-Free is unbiased with a uniform frequency distribution. Weighted Bias-Free is unbiased to the extent that its approximation of the distribution is accurate).

It isn't entirely clear what theorems Warren wants me to refer to or provide.

Warren continues:

, while also failing to answer my question Warren says:

[...]

to be continued

Mike Ossipoff