[EM] Why my methods are unbiased by accepted definition

Michael Ossipoff mikeo2106 at msn.com
Mon Jan 22 05:10:29 PST 2007

It still isn't possible to send long postings, because of modem shutting
off.

Here's what bias means to most people:

A method is large-biased if the largest states have more s/q than the
smallest states.

Imprecise, but it can be improved if we specify that we're talking about a
hypothetical country with arbitrarily many states. "Large states" means an
arbitrarily large number of states at the top end. Small states likewise
defined.

With so many states in "large states", local-positioning-caused s/q
disparity, caused by different states being in dilfferent parts of their
cycles, averages out and cancels out. We're left with the disparity in the
cycles' average s/q.

My methods transparently make cycles' average s/q equal, as nearly as
possible.

Mike Ossipoff