[Election-Methods] Challenge: Elect the compromise when there're only 2 factions

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 22:22:07 PDT 2007

Here's my first attempt. Let's use modified Borda. The points can be
"balanced" e.g. by using square root.

X>Y>Z => (2, 1, 0) => (1.4, 1, 0)
X>Y=Z => (2, 1, 1) => (1.4, 1, 1)

55 A>C>B
45 B>C>A
A = 55 * 1.4 + 45 * 0.0 =  77.8
B = 55 * 0.0 + 45 * 1.4	=  63.6
C = 55 * 1.0 + 45 * 1.0 = 100.0

Juho

P.S. You didn't tell what the method should do with  55: A 100, C 20,
B 0,  45: B 100, C 20, A 0  :-)