[Election-Methods] RE : Corrected "strategy in Condorcet" section

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 00:22:29 PDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 15:49 , Chris Benham wrote:

> I agree that the Margins algorithm idea is more intuitive, and I
> like the fact that in common with IRV
> the best zero-info strategy is to simply rank sincerely regardless
> of  ratings.  I like methods that are either like this or have 0-
> info incentive to truncate disapproved
> candidates (for voters with a big gap in their sincere ratings).  I
> don't  WV's random-fill incentive.

I forgot to mention this special case that doesn't touch the main
theme of this mail stream but is maybe worth noting anyway.

An example with two parties, ABC and DEF. The voters have zero
information. But the strategy of the DEF party pays off and they will
win. Not an easy strategy to implement but it sometimes works.

30 A=B=C>D=E=F
10 D=E=F>A>B>C
10 D=E=F>B>C>A
10 D=E=F>C>A>B