[Election-Methods] response to Schudy re Range vs Approval voting

peter barath peb at freemail.hu
Wed Aug 8 08:02:48 PDT 2007

>In other words: yes, correlation between degree of
>strategizing and political stance makes Bayesian regret
>bigger. But we don't have reason to be afraid of big
>correlations of that kind.

Still thinking that, I feel like addig something:

If I don't vote and at the end a bad candidate wins, I
will kick myself for having not voted.

And I will find little comfort in the fact that if all voter
groups abstain in the same proportion, the result
is the same as if they all voted.

If in a Plurality I vote for Calero and he gets almost
nothing and Bush wins instead of Gore, I will kick
myself for having wasted my vote on an almost
chanceless candidate.

If in a Range(1,2,3,...,100) I give 100 to Calero, 10 to
Gore and nothing to Bush, and Bush wins instead of
Gore, I will still kick myself for having wasted nine-tenth
of my vote on an almost chanceless candidate.

Peter Barath

Megújult a Jobline.hu! 2600 állásból most még egyszerűbben válogathatsz és önéletrajzodat akár 1 perc alatt is feltöltheted. http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,191642,246289/click.prm