[EM] IFNOP Method (was Re: Question about Condorcet methods)

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 11:46:38 PDT 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 23:55 , raphfrk at netscape.net wrote:

> I assume you mean the "later no harm" property?

Yes, but also any other variants that fall between IRV and Condorcet.

> In effect, this means that you cannot look at a later choice on a
> ballot until you are sure one of the following 3 conditions is true
>
> a) the candidate at the current choice is already elected
> b) the candidate at the current choice cannot be elected
> c) the later choices can in no way affect the election of the
> current choice

Maybe:
c) the later choices can in no way REDUCE THE PROBABILITY OF election
of the current choice

IRV/Condorcet hybrids could also not have a "current choice" in IRV
style but maybe something more Condorcet like. (don't know, not
proposing that such nice methods can be found)

Juho Laatu