[EM] favorite betrayal and 2-party domination

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 07:58:00 PDT 2005

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the reminder. I try to be careful in writing about the FBC.
Or maybe I should write about any harm done to the favourite small
party candidate (which could lead to 2-party domination) in a more
general sense. In range voting the Approval style strategy of giving
full points both to the favourite small party candidate (A) and the
best big party candidate (B) could move us towards 2-party domination.
But I'm also not very worried since the real (stronger, meaningful)
reasons for 2-party domination are elsewhere, not in Condorcet or other
slightly big party favouring rules (e.g. d'Hondt method).

BR, Juho

P.S. In range voting already voting A:100, B:90, C:0 would reduce the
chances of A to win.