[EM] MDDSR

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:07:19 PDT 2005

MDDSR is the same as MDDA, except that it uses SR instead of Approval.

MDDSR:

A candidate is disqulified if another candidate is ranked over him/her by a
majority.

The winner is the un-disqualified candidate with the best SR score.

[end of MDDSR definition]

Because SR resembles Borda, I'll sometimes refer to MDDSR as MDDB. That name
is shorter, and it nicely follows MDDA.

As I said about SR, I haven't studied MDDSR yet, and it could have
disadvanages that I don't know of yet.

MDDSR's advantages with respect to MDDA are:

1. MDDSR is completely ordinal, which is an advantage if you want a
completely ordinal method.

2. Because MDDSR is completely ordinal, it asks less information from the
voter.

An advantage of MDDA over MDDSR:

MDDA has a briefer definition, and that may well be the decisive factor,
making MDDA a more winnable and more practical public proposal.

MDDSR, like MDDA, meets FBC and SFC. I haven't yet checked it out for SDSC.

Mike Ossipoff