[EM] SR2

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:11:57 PDT 2005

I don't propose SR2, but I should name and mention it, just to tell why I
don't propose it:

SR2:

The winner is the candidate who has the fewest rank positions above him,
summed over all the ballots.

SR2 doesn't meet FBC, and is positional rather than ordinal. For instance,
if you vote
Nader>Dean & Hitler>Bush, then Bush is scored with two rank positions over
him, rather than with three candidates ranked over him. So, with SR2, that
ballot counts for two points against Bush.

Mike Ossipoff