[EM] A new little article

Rob Brown rob at karmatics.com
Fri Nov 25 13:05:09 PST 2005

 <RLSuter <at> aol.com> writes:

> It's a nice article and nicely formatted.

Thanks.  And yes, I cleaned up the title. :)

> What do you plan to
> link to the underlined word in the bottom box for people wanting
> to learn more about tabulating ranked ballots?

Hopefully an article I write myself, because the ones I see out there are too
complicated and tedious to read for the audience I am aiming at.  Then from
that, I'll probably link to wikipedia for extended info.

Regardless, that is not my concentration here.  The main issue I am pushing here
is that plurality voting is a wedge that forces people into opposing clusters.
The only reason I mention the ranked voting is to show that it is a fixable
problem.   I am convinced that the vast majority of people just don't care about
this issue, so I am trying to find a way to get them to see how bad (and basic)
a problem it is, so that they might start to care.

-rob