[EM] "scored condorcet", etc

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Nov 23 15:36:24 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:44:16 -0500 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 02:43 AM 11/23/2005, rob brown wrote:
> I believe strongly in the ability of graphics to communicate things
> that are very hard to communicate otherwise.  Pairwise matrices don't
> lend themselves to graphical display.
>
> Color (even gray scale) can instantly show the Condorcet winner in a
> pairwise matrix. I'll use gray scale. When the candidate naming the
> row wins, leave the background color of the cell white. When the
> column candidate wins, gray it. The winner is the only candidate with
> a white row all the way across. (Color the cell with the same name
> row and column white also.)

Let's combine the two ideas:

      Above I see the matrix with coloring to point to the winner - fine.
      But overlay that on the matrix with all the counts.

This keeps the counts that I consider important, with colors over winning
column and row.

To clarify - all of winning row and column get marked "winning".

                  If you want peace, work for justice.