[EM] Re: majority rule, mutinous pirates, and voter strategy

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Thu May 26 21:43:53 PDT 2005

Pirates should, after some repetitive election,
see the wisdom of defining a mandate length before
knowing who wins...

Criterias and electoral methods hare not meant to
cope for a fractionated electorate. An electoral system
goal is to get the electorate will, whatever it is. Stability
is a further issue that should be dealt with separately,
either before by consensual agreement (over a mandate
length for example) or after with a winner's bonus when
comes time to take decisions in exchange for other
advantages to losers (as a reduction of the mandate length
for example: this is the "crutch option" proposed within SPPA).

Steph.