[EM] Least Additional Votes. The importance of strategy.

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Thu Mar 17 07:02:02 PST 2005

Juho Laatu wrote:

> This is interesting. I believe that when Condorcet based methods are
> taken into use there really will be large number of people who will put
> the strongest competitor of their favourite candidate last on their
> ballot - just to make sure that she will not be elected.

I agree this is likely, but only if they did not prefer any other
candidate to this strongest competitor.

If everyone ranked the strongest competitor below candidates they
preferred less, it seems obvious they could turn a candidate they
preferred less into the strongest competitor and potential winner and I
fail to see how this could be a rational choice.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ==
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for temporal safety