[EM] San Francisco IRV Ballots - District 9

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Tue Mar 15 08:40:08 PST 2005

I am doing my own count of the votes and I seem to be having trouble
getting the same tally for district 9 that match the official results.

The data I am using comes from:

http://web.sfgov.org/site/election_index.asp?id=28171

The results can be found at:

http://www.sfgov.org/site/election_index.asp?id=20236

For district 9, there was a majority winner.

TOM AMMIANO.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .    12,547
RENEE SAUCEDO .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     5,460
MIGUEL BUSTOS .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     4,318
LUCRECIA BERMUDEZ.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     1,018
STEVE ZELTZER .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .       798
JAMES BORIS PEREZ.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .       575
ADAM CABOT (QUALIFIED WRITE-IN) .  .  .        17

I am coming up with a total of 26275 total potential ballots. Once one
throws out the ballots which only contain a candidate 08 or 09 which
seem to correspond to a voter who did not vote in this race as there is
no candidate 08 or 09, I come up with a total of 24868 ballots to count.
However, in the official tally, they counted only 24750 ballots - a
difference of 118 ballots.

For anyone who has done their own tally, based on the most recent data,
what were your totals?