[EM] Re: Total Approval Ranked Pairs

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Mon Mar 14 22:02:10 PST 2005

Dear Forest, Russ, and Ted!

I suggest that we call the method we discussed under various names in
the last days ARC (Approval Runoff Condorcet) and continue to study its
properties, especially its anti-strategy properties.

I agree with Russ that it is perhaps a very nice first public proposal,
especially because it may be a nice compromise between IRV- and
Condorcet-supporters: Both methods are Runoffs which delete the single
candidate with the least points until there is among the rest a
candidate with a special property!

Yours, Jobst