[EM] Kevin, 4 March, '05, 1310 GMT

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 05:09:58 PST 2005

Kevin--

You said:

Your problems of votes-only criteria really seem to be problems of not
interpreting Plurality as a ranked method.

I reply:

Ok, say Plurality is a rank method that lets you rank one candidate in 1st
place, and not rank anyone else.

Plurality, when interpreted in that way, still fails the defensive strategy
criteria, and passes Condorcet´s Criterion, when Condorcet´s Criterion is
defined  votes-only, and without being written as a rules-criterion.

You continued:

I would like to read proofs of any methods passing or failing your criteria,
especially of Margins failing defensive strategy criteria.

I recently posted a demonstration that Approval passes WDSC, and a
demonstration that Margins fails WDSC.

And demonstrations of all the criteria complaince and noncomplaince claims
that I make have been posted to EM. But don´t hesitate to ask for a
demonstration that I haven´t posted recently.

The demonstration about WDSC, Approval, & Margins was posted recently in a
posting that would probably have a subject-line having to do with Markus and
criteria.

Mike Ossipoff

Kevin Venzke