[Fwd: Re: [EM] Completed comments on Abd's posting]

Bill Clark wclarkxoom at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:54:13 PDT 2005

On 6/26/05, Jobst Heitzig <heitzig-j at web.de> wrote:
> May I remind you that this is neither a list for discussing politics nor
> for comments about persons may they be members of the list or
> ex-presidents. To me, it becomes more and more difficult to find
> valuable contributions to the study and understanding of election
> methods here these months.

Agreed.  Mail filters work great for excluding posts by particular
individuals, but the problem is that other people then reply to such
posts (even though there seems to be an epidemic of "I'm not going to
reply to so-and-so anymore" and then replying anyway).

For example, a few of the more outlandish political claims made in
some recent posts have finally convinced me to put some filters of my
own in place.  If others did the same -- in particular those folks who
have claimed they don't want to reply to certain people -- then I
suspect the amount of off-topic traffic would die down considerably.

-Bill Clark