[EM] wiki opinion poll

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 08:23:25 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:46, James Green-Armytage wrote:

> Hi folks,
> 	I'm announcing this change as requested by the poll: I've changed the
> "must"s on several questions to "should"s. I'll give a brief argument
> for
> the change here, but if the change is unpopular, others are free to
> revert
> it.

Thanks, I had the same problem.

In many of the technically oiented questions I think it made sense to
interpret the signs in the following way:
++" = always
"--" = never
"+" = in most cases yes
"-" = in most cases no

This has also something to do with the fact that I feel that it is ok
to use two different methods in two different election situations. I'm
not convinced that there is one particular method that should be used
in all single winner elections. As a result I used quite few "++" and
"--" markings in these detailed questions. I note that different people
may use different scale here.

Best Regards,
Juho