[EM] Re: CIBR examples, and its CC failure

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 11:52:03 PDT 2005

Hello Ken,

On Jun 10, 2005, at 19:07, Ken Kuhlman wrote:
>  So, CIBR appears to be less than ideal, which stems from the fact
> that the weakest candidate isn't necessarily eliminated first.

I'm not sure what the negative effect of not eliminating the weakest
first are. But I just want to point out that the structure that the
correlation derives from the given votes looks very static to me. One
could just run the correlation analysis through and not eliminate
anyone while doing it. The end result would be a tree like structure of
candidates where different branches represent different
groupings/ideologies.

(This kind of static information may be more useful to some comparison
based methods than to the runoff type thinking that CIBR represents.
But this just reflects the fact that I think that correlation is a
useful tool also for other methods.)

BR, Juho