[EM] Chris: Brief preliminary power truncation reply

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:07:17 PDT 2005

Chris--

You asked:

Would any voters ever have any incentive to  *not* use  "Power Truncation"?

I reply:

I don't know--should they?

If you identify the election as an acceptable/unacceptable situation then
surely you have incentive to use power truncation against your unacceptable
set.

If you're asking for a complete general explanation of ranking strategy, not
just for the acceptable/unacceptable situation, then I must admit that I
can't help you.

Mike Ossipoff