[EM] Nanson

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:27:52 PDT 2005

It's true that we we don't discuss most voting systems here--only the ones
that we really like.

(But we discuss IRV and Borda a little, just because they're fairly
frequently proposed or mentioned in popular articles).

Nanson meets Condorcet's Criterion, but it fails all the defensive strategy
criteria, and Monotonicity. I don't know what, if any, criteria Nanson
meets, other than Condorcet's Criterion. But even if it meets some, it fails
the ones that I consider important, the ones that relate to getting rid of
the notorious lesser-of-evils problem.

Mike Ossipoff