[EM] Dynamic Opinion Poll in our Wiki

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Sat Jun 11 04:10:22 PDT 2005

Dear Folks!

Abd ulRahman has suggested recently to put up a wiki in which we
could try to reach consensus about elementary aspects of voting
systems.

I consider this a nice idea and have as a first step started a wiki
page on which we could collect essential questions about what
single-winner election methods should be like, and what opinion the
individual members of this list have about those questions. It is in
an easy-to-edit tabular form with rows of possible statements and
columns for each person. You can indicate your degree of agreement
to each statement by entering --,-,0,+,++, or ?.

The page is this: http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Essential_Questions

It would be nice if many of you could have a look at it and add their
opinions -- it should be some fun!

I started with some 30 questions in several categories which seemed
important to me, but surely the list will have to be enlarged by you.

At the moment, the page is not linked to from other wiki pages since I
did not quite know where to put that link -- perhaps someone could do
that.

Yours, Jobst