[EM] Margins vs. Winning Votes

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Tue Jul 26 13:51:12 PDT 2005

 Dave Ketchum wrote

> I think we should charge Paul with throwing mud.
>
> Juho has created a couple examples packaged as basic tie
> elections, with
> one extra vote added in that gives the odd voter full control
> as to winner
>   under wv rules.
>
> Paul notes - as a big deal - that by not starting with a tie,
> the results
> would be different.

Paul noted nothing of the sort. So Dave Ketchum is "throwing mud".

Paul noted that there is a qualitative difference between 3-alternative and
2-alternative elections. If Dave wants to dispute that, he is free to
disprove Arrow's Theorem and after he gets a Nobel Prize for that he can
accuse Paul of throwing mud.