[EM] Quitting EM

Anguo maanguo at giga.net.tw
Tue Jul 19 21:34:14 PDT 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 10:57, MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:
> I'm going to be especially busy now, with a new job, and
> I've done all I can on EM, so I'm quitting the list.

Good bye Mike!

I wish you all the best with your new job. Have fun with it.

Enjoy your retirement from the EM :-)

> But maybe, at some later time, when society has improved
> some, and voters have found out what their alternatives
> really are, maybe with better media, and maybe when the
> "greater-evils" have been voted out of the political
> system, SSD, which is good for a sincere electorates
> without the kind of serious lesser-of-2-evils problem
> that requires FBC  compliance, will then be the best
> public method.

Society does have some serious problems, and it's our job to
improve it by improving ourselves and offering better
alternatives. I'm sure you'll carry on doing what you think
is best for the society in general.

As you know, I've recently re-opened my own
Approval/Condorcet forum. Yet I feel better election
methods, however important I feel they are,  are not the
way that would have the quickest and best positive effect
on the society. That's why I'm not more active myself on
this topic, but I have instead worked to improve another
web site: http://www.reuniting.info/ , not related to EM at
all, but which could help couples and families regain some
harmony NOW, not in an unfoseeable future.

Anyway, Mike, I wish you the best in your life, and I hope
we'll have an opportunity to meet again, even if not here
or on my board. Anywhere where positive change is taking
place.

Blessings,

augustin.

--

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.