[EM] Quitting EM

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:57:00 PDT 2005

I'm going to be especially busy now, with a new job, and I've done all I can
on EM, so I'm quitting the list.

It seems to me that the most remarkable and most significant and useful
thing to happen on EM has been the recent introduction and study of
FBC-complying rank methods. I've called them "The 2nd generation best
methods".

The FBC-complying methods, it seems to me, are the ones that directly answer
the most serious need of voters, at least in the electorate as it is these
days. It seems to me that nowadays FBC is a requirement for public voting
systems.

But maybe, at some later time, when society has improved some, and voters
have found out what their alternatives really are, maybe with better media,
and maybe when the "greater-evils" have been voted out of the political
system, SSD, which is good for a sincere electorates without the kind of
serious lesser-of-2-evils problem that requires FBC  compliance, will then
be the best public method.

Mike Ossipoff