[EM] Borda for a sports competition: arguments to consider Condorcet instead...

Anguo maanguo at giga.net.tw
Sat Jul 30 05:43:23 PDT 2005

Hello,

A user in the phpBB alternative voting forum would like to
use Borda voting for his football fan forum:
http://www.masquilier.org/agora/viewtopic.php?t=61
Even though Borda is commonly used in academic or sports
settings, I know there not much support for it in this
forum.
Could some of you log into  the forum above and post
arguments to encourage that user to consider Approval
voting instead, or even Condorcet (despite the large number
of potential candidates - the whole team : I need to make
the code leaner for large Condorcet polls).

Thanks,

Augustin.

--

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.