[EM] Re: Can't we all just get along?

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:43:28 PST 2005

Alex--

You wrote:

2. I think we've established that you (Mike and Russ) have political views
that are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I reply:

No, if you're referring to issues like Iraq, Russ's difference from the
other members of this list is more of a moral/ethical difference.

You continued:

Perhaps you could find common
ground if you tried

I reply:

Of course, we'd all like to believe that anyone can be reached. I found that
to not be so, and so I blocked Russ's e-mail, and that led to his raging and
ranting on EM.

You continued:

, but you don't seem to be trying now

I reply:

Speaking for myself, no, that's already been tried.

You continued:

3. I encourage both of you to stop entering personal insults into the EM
list.

I reply:

  James, you're being diplomatic, and no doubt that can be a good thing.
But, to that end, you're telling us a symmetrical equal-fault interpretation
which just doesn't match what the archives show about the postings.

  For instance, who has been doing all the raging, ranting, raving
namecalling?

You continued:

Even better would be to take the discussion offlist entirely

I reply:

Surely you know that it started out offlist. Then, when I blocked Russ's
e-mail, he began spewing bile on EM. Don't blame me for that.

You continued:

...and I think that both of you have a valid
contribution to make.

I reply:

Well, so far Russ's contribution has consisted of repeating the questions
and claims that are commonly heard from people who have just heard of
Approval. And continually violating the EM guideline that asks that we not
keep repeating answered arguments without addressing the answers.

Russ hosted my articles till I withdrew permission. He read them before
putting them up at the website, but now we find that he didn't understand
anything of the Approval strategy articles. His postings show that he's
entirely uninformed about Approval strategy.  But that doesn't stop him from
self-importantly expounding about it. And this is an example of how, when
someone is so sure that he's right,  it makes him thoroughly incapable of
becoming informed.

Mike Ossipoff