[EM] justified criticism, higher/lower

Anthony Duff anthony_duff at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 13 16:14:06 PST 2005

This is an example of where expert jargon is counter-intuitive to a
beginner.

If a completed ranked ballot looks like this:

Candiate    Rank
A           2
B           3
C           1
D           4

We tend to loosely say that "C is ranked 'higher' than B" which is
counter-intuitive because the number 1 is 'lower' than the number 3.

Anthony

http://au.movies.yahoo.com