[EM] Who can't solve 2 candidate elections

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 9 04:46:56 PST 2005

Dear Craig,

you did not answer my question why --despite of the fact that
FPP satisfies e.g. anonymity, neutrality, non-dictatorship,
Pareto, strategyproofness, monotonicity, participation,
consistency, and resolvability in the 2-candidate 1-winner
case-- FPP does not "solve" the 2-candidate 1-winner case
in your opinion. (Believe me: I know what FPP is.)

If you fear that someone could misuse the above paragraph
to promote FPP, you can replace the term "FPP" with "IFPP",
"Borda", "MinMax", "Ranked Pairs", "Beatpath", "River", "IRV",
"Coombs", "Copeland", "Kemeny-Young", "Top-2 Runoff" or any
other method that is identical to FPP in the 2-candidate
1-winner case.

Markus Schulze