[EM] Announcement: new election-methods Wiki!

Dan Keshet dkesh at channel1.com
Wed Jan 26 21:33:44 PST 2005

With gracious hosting and technical help from Rob Lanphier, Electowiki
[ http://wiki.electorama.com] has been established: a new free-content wiki
dedicated to discussing election methods related material.  This wiki is
intended first and foremost for the election-methods at electorama.com and
Electorama community.

The Frequently Asked Question
[ http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Electowiki:FAQ ]

Why not just use Wikipedia?

1. Wikipedia is not a research community. New systems, new methods for
evaluating systems, new insight, and new jargon are invented frequently on
the mailing list. Electowiki can serve as the wiki for this research
community.

2. Many of us research not just for knowledge, but also for change. Electowiki
can be the place where we collaborate on arguments for change, craft draft
letters to use when we write to groups where we are involved, et cetera.  The
mailing list already serves this purpose, but a wiki can serve it even
better.

Because Electowiki and Wikipedia's content are both free content, they can be
perfect complements to one another, incorporating content from the other
whenever useful.  Toward that end, I have seeded the site with articles from
Wikipedia's voting projects.  I hope that everyone reading this will join in
and make it something great.

--Dan Keshet