[EM] Who First Proposed Winning Votes?

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 28 13:29:43 PST 2005

Dear Mike,

You wrote (28 Feb 2005):
> You say that I proposed MinMax, but which MinMax are you
> saying that I proposed?

MinMax(winning votes).

You wrote (28 Feb 2005):
> I proposed wv as a general class of methods, and pointed
> out its advantages and benefits, long before you joined
> EM or proposed Schulze's method.

Well, you wrote that a candidate B is "majority rejected"
when there is another candidate A such that a majority of
the voters strictly prefers candidate A to candidate B.
You wrote that the used election method shouldn't
unnecessarily elect a "majority rejected" candidate. This
criterion led to election methods like MinMax(winning votes)
or RMDD. But it cannot be said that with this criterion
you "proposed wv as a general class of methods".

Markus Schulze