[EM] Why bicameralism ?

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 26 10:57:20 PST 2005

Sorry, I had to learn more about bicameralism before answering...

No indirect method is not good in my eye because it
lowers imputability.

The way I see the problem is when governments have to decide where
to put money in order to develop their territory (country, state,
municipality, ...).
When one needs to take the best decision, there should be no bias
to its judgement. This is why the justice principle states "one cannot be
judge and party". This is what I would want for a government to take the
"best" decisions. It does not mean to destroy any geographical link.
It only leads to use proper links. A specific link for entities who have
demands
and adress request to the government (we need a bridge, or an hospital here
and there),
and another link to the whole entity from which deciders get the money they
manage.

So why bicameralism? If every sub-governement can ask its upper level for
requests,
why would we need a more complex system? People adress their request to their
municipality, who ask their province or state when needed, who ask the federal
level
when needed.  The upper level should only have judges, not demanders, to
manage
common good (for public interest)...

If every level uses non-geographical districts to elect their representatives
(SPPA),
their representatives will be able to act as a judge when dispatching money to

their electors, and as a well-founded demander when asking the upper-level in
the name of all their community.

Steph