[EM] Proposal to change Wikipedia Arbitration Committee to first-past-the-post

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sun Aug 14 14:54:24 PDT 2005

Sadly, it appears as though there's a proposal to change the Wikipedia
Arbitration Committee election method from Approval to First Past The
Post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2005/Proposed_modifications_to_rules

Actually, since it's multi-member, I suppose FPTP isn't exactly
accurate.  What would be the clinically accurate way to describe it?
It's not cumulative voting, since you can't put all of your votes on one
candidate.

At any rate, please weigh in on Wikipedia.  If you are
unfamiliar/uncomfortable, at least weigh in on this thread, and I'll
link to it (though weighing in on Wikipedia is /far/ more effective).

Rob